Sunday, June 25, 2006

Pretty Fly For A White Guy

(Click on the photo to enlarge)

I'm not going to mince words here.
I fucking hate flies.
Moving to upstate New York was my first real exposure
to these aerial bitches.
Bluebottle, greenbottle, house and horse.
The freaking horseflies would wait for you to
get over the last attack psychologically before
nailing you again at the worst possible moment.
It felt like someone jabbing a rusty icepick into
your arm, leg, and/or face.

Conditions in my current part of the world don't favor
flies and for that I'm glad.
When I see them now, I think 'photo-op'.
But there's always a little voice in my head telling
me to run.
And to get the poison spray, shotgun, WD40 Flamethrower....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty fly for a white guy is a song by the "Offsprings" its part our usual friday night football. here in north east tx.

Keith Alan K said...

Ummm...yeah I know. Maybe that's why I used it as a title?