Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I Like Surprises

(Click on the photo to enlarge)
While prowling around the repair facilities
just northeast of downtown I found this short string
of bad-ordered (broken) railcars.
Having never looked inside a gondola car before, I stood
on my tiptoes on the rail and set my lens on the top edge,
twisted the F717's body down so I could see the LCD screen,
and fired-off a few exposures.
Imagine my surprise when I got home and uploaded the day's
results and found a choice bit of editorial brilliance
scrawled on the inside wall.
For the normal people who read this blog: CSX is one of a
handful of mega-railroads that merged-with and bought-out
most of the popular and romantic and historical lines,
creating oversized behemoths with lousy service and
zero personality.
In these parts, Union Pacific is the only game in town.
Fuck them, too.

No comments: