Sunday, December 17, 2006

Hispanic Television

I have reached the decision that camera-phone photos belong here at Zzakk's Garage, but not at my other sites. Just sayin'...
There's no way I could have gotten this crappy shot using my "real" camera, and the lower quality has no impact on the resulting post I'm about to write:

The setting was one of the Taqueria Jaliscos here in SA.
Most Las Palapas are closed on Sunday, and we didn't feel like driviing too far for some good breakfast tacos.
From the time we arrived until our food came this clown was having a loud conversation on his cell phone. That's fine, and not worth commenting on.
After he closed the connection however, his attention was captured by the TV.
And one of the very worst shows ever was on, where a bunch of adults dress as schoolchildren from an idealized time, with silly school uniforms much like little blue sailor outfits.
They all talk in annoying high-pitched voices, and the 'humor' is beyond stupid.
Just the worst. I can't stress enough how terrible it is.

What caused me to take this photo was that this idiot actually laughed out loud at something that happened onscreen!! Out Loud!, no shit.

Hispanic TV shows are all over the place quality-wise, just like in any other country you can name. There will always be dumb shit aimed at the lowest common denominators.
I used to watch 'Betty La Fea' a few years ago and liked it, even though I could only catch a few words and phrases here and there. (The Americanized version is ABC's new hit 'Ugly Betty', by the way.)

My point is that I don't know anyone who thinks this particular show with it's screeching and annoying actors doing the dumbest things is in any way funny, or even watchable for that matter.

Except for this guy.

No comments: