Monday, November 10, 2008

Blogger, Your Ass Is Showing

First, the picture:
When I go out in public, I wear pants and shoes and a shirt, minimum.
And should I need to put air in my tires or anything else that requires my hands to be near the ground, I crouch, kneel, sit...whatever gets the job done while retaining a shred of dignity.
An ass covered with a thin layer of shorts isn't dignified, and can start a fight when aimed at you.
I was disgusted.


As for the title of this post:
Blogger's post editor/composer isn't working with my Opera browser, yet again.
I suppose they made some recent "improvements" because that's always the first sign of trouble for those of us in the minority.
No movie upload button, no blockquote button, nor bold, italic, or even 'insert link'.
No compose mode, either.
The title box moves into the body of the post randomly.
Other than that it's just great!
I hate having to use Firefox just to put up a blog post correctly.

I hate MySpace, too.
What a mess!
Can't remember a single time when MySpace actually worked without major problems.
404 errors, having to log-in twice, not staying logged-in even though the 'remember me' box is checked, being sent to MySpace Mobile for no reason, pictures that don't load, audio that only plays 10% of the time, complete browser freeze-ups, pages that take 10 minutes to scroll all the way down (I'll admit, this one is likely due to 3rd party page apps and codemonkey dillholes that throw too much crap onto the page).
But seriously, has anyone EVER gotten through a session at MySpace without something random and stupid happening?

So why do I still use it?
It's part of my job description.
Blogging is better, so I guess I'll shut up about the minor irritations that affect Blogger every few months--at least is isn't 24/365.

No comments: