Friday, November 30, 2007

A Christmas Story


Don't you think this would be funnier with just the lamp in the window?
Adding the poster isn't necessary for those who get it, and those who don't should be allowed to remain adrift on the sea of ignorance.
Explaining jokes ruins them.


Sorry it's been so long since my last entry--I've been transferring all of my earlier photos to Blogger, from ImageShack. For the first 7 1/2 months of this site, Blogger's image hosting didn't work too well for me (or even exist at first) so I used another service and linked them over here.
My archived posts from most of 2005 showed full images instead of thumbnails, meaning the pages loaded slower for dialup users.
I could live with that.
But recently I discovered that I had no way to access my ImageShack account. Apparently they changed a few things and I didn't follow along.
Anyway, the transfer was tedious but it's all done now.
(I had to do the same thing at Views Of Texas and it took a few days).
Everything is now hosted at Blogger, and ImageShack can go screw themselves.

2 comments:

Matthew Robertson said...

Penny just bought a 20" leg lamp for one of the members of her family, and a handful of 4"(?) tree ornaments for everyone else. Bought on-line and arriving on Thursday, they were a quirky and unexpected find.

And then we spotted a whole collection of them in a downtown record shop.

Apparently nostalgic kitsch is in this season.

Keith Alan K said...

We haven't found any yet. I love the movie and a particularly true moment is when Ralphie fondles the leg.