Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Film Is Dead

(Click on the photo to enlarge)

This is a good friend's 35mm SLR.
Because there are solar-cells on top for keeping the batteries charged, it's a good idea to leave it under the desk lamp.
But after he went digital a few years ago, I don't think this camera has been used or even moved until I visited and decided to take this photo of it.
I'm not making fun of you, ML.
Just making the point that when you have a digital camera within reach it's awfully hard to bother picking up the old 35mm again.
Why bother?
Why wait for results?

I decided I wanted to be a good photographer right after I got my first camera at age seven.
34 years later, digital made learning about photography and doing it a hundred times easier, and I don't regret any of the photos I missed during the interim years.

While I didn't invent the phrase 'Fuck Film' it's been a part of my vocabulary for decades.
Glad to see the rest of the world finally agrees with me.

No comments: