Friday, January 27, 2006

A Sign From God?

I'm not one of those people who will travel
a thousand miles to pray to an image of The Virgin Mary
someone noticed in the bark of a tree, or on a grilled cheese
sandwich.
And I almost never mention the time I woke up one Easter Sunday
with stigmata. (Another story for another day.)
But I do believe that God sends us signs from
time to time. Why wouldn't He?
If you believe He exists, you have to believe
that He would communicate with us once in a while, right?

I took this photo a few weeks ago because I needed "A Sign With The Letter X"
for the online photoblog scavenger hunt I participate in.
So at the time, I regarded the X made by jet contrails
as a sign, but had no idea what it meant.
Well, yesterday's paper had an article about the sick-fuck teacher
at this very church's school who thought a preteen student of his
was as in love with him as he was with her.
They exchanged some poetry, then he molested her.
Yessir, it was a sign alright.

No comments: