Friday, May 29, 2009

Here's Your Titty Shot!

The orange paper has an exact copy of the other side of the shot glass.

Back in 1991 when my brother and I owned a screen printing company (that did everything but T-shirts) we used to make personal items from time to time.
I handled the artwork/typsetting and darkroom, plus made the screens--Ken was in charge of the machinery and tooling (makes perfect sense if you know us) and then we would do the actual printing together.

He had me pirate the art of Patty Melt whipping out her tig old bitties from a Cherry Poptart adult comic, and we shipped a couple of the shot glasses to Larry Welz (the comic's author) who then sent us the original and never-seen-before-now drawing that's in the frame.

I put milk in the glass so our printing would be legible in the photo, then drank it.
Probably the only time I have tasted white milk since we made the shotglass 18 years ago.

4 comments:

Matthew Robertson said...

I keep waiting for this to stop being disturbing, and it keeps not happening.

Keith Alan K said...

What's disturbing?
It was a pure and honest cameratechnical decision to put some milk into my subject shotglass so the other side wouldn't show-through and make a visual mess.
I only drank it to keep from wasting it, and to taste milk again in a manageable dose.
The synchronicity only made sense just now that you pointed it out, so I plead innocent and lucky.

It better not be the paper towel background that has you disturbed, because kitchen photography isn't easy.

Matthew Robertson said...

The technical all makes sense and is faultless, as usual for your work. No, the disturbing part is the text on the shot glass itself with the milk in it. Naturally, that's what makes it funny, but I'm very sensitive to mental imagery.

Dave said...

That is funny. I didn't even think of "titty shot" and "milk" possibly being connected. Hell, that almost makes the whole thing R-rated!