Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A Lovely Beach Wedding

Spotted this while walking down the looong ramp after touring The USS Lexington Aircraft Carrier in Corpus Christi Bay.

No-Frills Beach Wedding #7™
1: Preacher
2: Bride & Groom
3: Father of the bride/best man/maid of honor/flower girl/ring bearer--The seagull really stepped up and saved our asses today
4: Photographer--I had a few shots of him and his gear and decided to cut him some slack. He was doing a good job despite the crappy location on the bay instead of a real beach, and the overcast crappiness of the light. His off-camera flash rig told me that he's one of the good guys and doesn't need me poking fun at him needlessly just to make my 2.75 readers laugh (probably not laugh).

Anyway, I hope the happy couple enjoys many weeks of wedded bliss.
They're off to a good start.




Here's the real joke: Me sounding like a wedding snob. Being happy is the most important thing, and wasting money on overpriced ceremonial trappings for no good reason strikes me as a little nutty. This couple is perhaps at the end of the spartan side of my personal scale but I applaud their frugal approach that still manages to encompass the words and meanings and essentials of the marriage ritual, with few distractions. Wish them luck with me?

No comments: